Thursday 27 June 2013

Ten odd residents.

Picture this, a group of apartments facing the middle (the pool) and its ten odd residents. 
And then me.

One's an English lady who reads books and drinks wine, 
        the other's a father of unknown identity (Bulgarian?) with his two children,
   then me,
then a curious Cypriot old couple whose female member watched me eat on the balcony
                                and further away a Cypriot nan with her granddaughter.

They look at me with suspicion each time I'm on the balcony, on the rare occasions. 
Who is this young lady and what is she doing here alone?
Has she got no friends?
No family?

Relax my beloved, I come here in peace.

I have both friends and family. But I have abandoned them for the sake of my sanity. I am an intuitive empath, you see.

I needed my time and space to recollect my thoughts. To regain my energy and to stay focused on the cause. My dissertation, that is.

But it seems to me that, just like Homer's Ithaca, the journey will give me more than what the cause will.

No comments:

Post a Comment