Tuesday 27 August 2013

Carelessly walking down Ego Lane




 












I was carelessly walking down Ego Lane,
Wondering why I'm not called Elaine,
When I heard something coming from down the road drain.

It was sudden and brutal and loud to my ear,
I had never considered a monster lived here,
So I instantly begged it would just disappear.

The clouds hid the sun
While my legs tried to run.
'Please, oh please disappear,
You monster called Fear!'

Blood rushed through my vein-
I tried to fight but in vain.
This monster grew stronger
As I just let it conquer.

I could hear its voice say
'You have no choice today'
All I wanted was to beat it
And to finally defeat it.

I stood up now straight and strong,
Proved to the monster it was wrong.
I looked around and far ahead
To realise this all was in my head.





No comments:

Post a Comment